Golden Gate Triathlon Club 100x100 Swim Challenge
Benefiting the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council
ABOUT THE EVENT
On Sunday, February 19th, GGTC will host a 100x100yd swim challenge benefitting the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council. This is a universal test of endurance in the pool and swim as many 100yd sets as you can muster. This challenge is a favorite with swim coaches and professional teams, especially to welcome the New Year!
CHALLENGE A FRIEND, GIVE THE GIFT OF MOTIVATION
- Think of a friend you'd like to see succeed in the water
- Open the Pledge Spreadsheet and pledge to support your friend with a donation for each 100yds swum
- Every time your friend thinks of giving up, they know that just another 100yd means a bit more money for the many impactful programs run by the Ridge Trail!
- After the event, GGTC certifies how much your friend actually swam
- Pledgers are asked to donate the amount of money "earned" to the Ridge Trail below
Contact Cara at email@example.com with any questions.
ABOUT THE RIDGE TRAIL
The Bay Area Ridge Trail is a 550-mile planned trail system along the ridgelines of the SF Bay for hikers, runners, mountain bikers, and equestrians—linking people, parks and open space for today and future generations.
There are currently over 400 miles of trail open to explore through 9 Bay Area counties. Our mission to build, promote, and sustain the Ridge Trail gives residents of the Bay Area more space to enjoy healthy, active lifestyles; the keystone of Golden Gate Triathlon Club's Non-Profit Partnership Program.
WHAT YOUR GIFT WILL DO
- $60 buys 25 new trail signs allowing hikers, runners, cyclists, and equestrians to navigate both day-long and multi-day adventures on the Ridge Trail
- $240 funds a volunteer trail maintenance day for 1/2-mile of trail ensuring that the trail you love is safe for you to use and protected from erosion and development
- $300 constructs 1/8 mile of new trail providing crucial wildlife corridors for hundreds of native species and easy access to nature for the Bay Area's 7 million residents
EVERY GIFT TO THE RIDGE TRAIL
- Connects parks and open space through our advocacy and planning work
- Builds new trail and rally volunteers for trail construction and maintenance
- Connects people to trails and nearby nature
Bay Area Ridge Trail Council is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit under EIN 94-3148503.
Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
Learn more at ridgetrail.org.