Keeping the Spirit Alive!
HCM's signature fundraiser is changing with the times, at least for this year.
Instead of enjoying bottomless bowls of soup by local chefs, choosing from a wide variety of hand-crafted artisan pottery bowls, and bidding on a silent auction while surrounded by friends and neighbors in a festive atmosphere, we are asking for online donations between Sept. 1 and Oct. 8, 2020, and recognizing those who have supported us in the past for so many years.
We are seeking financial donations for our programs that help feed our neighbors in need. In return, we are donating 10% of these donations to APRON, Inc., a local non-profit that lends financial assistance to employees of Louisville’s independent restaurant community. We are also asking our supporters to patronize the local businesses and artisans that have given so much to us in the past. Plus, for every $50 donated, your name will be entered into a drawing for sets of locally hand-crafted pottery bowls and $25 gift cards to local restaurants! **One prize awarded per name entered
- Donations made between September 1 and October 8, 2020, are eligible for the drawing!
- You can donate below with a credit card.
- We also accept checks made out to Highlands Community Ministries at 1228 E. Breckinridge St., Box #2, Louisville, KY 40204.
- Donations made through Give for Good Louisville, Sept. 10 - Sept. 17, are also eligible for the drawing!
Thanking Those Who Have Supported us in the Past
Filling the "Empty Bowls" takes a village! We are so grateful to all of those that have attended, donated, and supported this event and made it successful for the last 24 years!
- Potters: Alex Adams, Glenn Asaukas, Amy Baker, Miranda Ballou, Logan Bishop, Linda Bowman, Trish Caudill, Daniel Evans, Jenny Johnson, Jennifer Martin, Robbie Merrick, Kevin Payne, Payne St. Pottery, Martha Puckett, Laura Ross, Julie Ryan, Candy Wheat, Caroline Zama and art students from Bellarmine Ceramics, Indiana University Southeast, Male High School, St. Xavier High School, and University of Louisville
- Restaurants: City Cafe', Breadworks, Cafe LouLou, Come Back Inn, Flora Kitchenette, Havana Rumba, Highlands Tap Room, Hop Cat, Jack Fry's, Kaelins 80/20, Kinglsey Meats, Kizito Cookies, Morris Deli, Plehn's Bakery, Queen of Sheba, Rainbow Blossom, Safai Coffee, Shenanigan's Irish Grille, Sullivan Bakery, The Cafe', The Fishery, The Fish House, The Silly Axe Cafe', Toonerville Deli, Uptown Cafe', Wiltshire Pantry Bakery and Cafe'
- Businesses, Caterers, Individuals, and Universities: Bellarmine University, Gumby's Custom Catering, Jefferson Community & Technical College, Ladyfingers Catering, Masterson's Catering, Parents at Highlands Community Ministries' Childcare Centers, Performance Food Service, Sodexo, Sullivan University Culinary Arts, The Upper Crust, ValuMarket, Wade Honey - Musician, and all the businesses, restaurants, and individuals that donated items to our silent auctions and raffles!
- Volunteers: Atherton High School Students, Bellarmine University Nursing Students, Douglass Loop Farmer's Market, Knights of Columbus, St. Agnes School Students, and countless generous and kindhearted individuals
- Sponsors: Altman Insurance Services, Ameriprise Financial - Childress & Associates, A.N. Roth Heating and Cooling, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicaid, Diversified Nurse Consultants, Tom Drexler Plumbing, Highland Roofing, LEO Weekly, Louisville Public Media, Nelson Insurance Group, Patricia Conboy Montgomery and AnneLuise Montgomery in memory of Anne Blincoe Conboy, PNC, Senior Helpers, Signature Healthcare, Sternberg Automotive, YUM! Brands Foundation
- HCM Member Congregations: Bardstown Road Presbyterian, Bellarmine Campus Ministry, Church of the Advent Episcopal, Christ Evangelical United Church of Christ, Concordia Lutheran Church, Douglass Blvd. Christian Church, Highland Baptist, Highland United Methodist, Highland Presbyterian, Immanuel United Church of Christ, Louisville Friends, St. Agnes Catholic, St. Andrew's Episcopal, St. Brigid Catholic, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic, St. James Catholic, St. Paul United Methodist, St. Raphael Catholic, Strathmoor Presbyterian, Vine Street Baptist
- The Community at Large! All of you who attended, donated, bought pottery bowls, bid on our silent auction, and bought raffle tickets... we couldn't have done it without you!
Win a Bowl Set or $25 Restaurant Gift Card!
For every $50 donated, your name will be entered into a drawing for a set of locally hand-made artisan pottery bowls and $25 gift cards to local restaurants who donated to us in our past events! **One prize awarded per name entered
Donations made between September 1 and October 8, 2020, are eligible for the drawing! **One prize awarded per name entered
You can donate below with a credit card. We also accept checks made out to Highlands Community Ministries at 1228 E. Breckinridge St., Box #2, Louisville, KY 40204.
Next Year is the 25th Anniversary of Empty Bowls!
Thank You for Helping us Keep the Spirit Alive and Filling the Empty Bowls!