Lower Savannah River Alliance
The Lower Savannah River Alliance works to accomplish its mission through the pursuit of strategic goals aimed at creating, developing, maintaining and enhancing the infrastructure required to support nature-based business, tourism and economic development throughout the bi-state lower Savannah River corridor. A few of those goals include:
• Identifying existing resources available for public education.
• Developing information for the public concerning educational and recreational opportunities on the river.
• Identifying and meeting with private sector interests that might have an interest in investing in a river-related business.
• Developing self-guided river adventure tours.
• Developing an LSRA Education Center on U.S. Hwy. 301 South of Allendale.
• Including stakeholders and users of the river in this vision and effort.
We are a non-profit partnership of individuals, businesses and organizations who value the economic viability of the lower Savannah River area. The Savannah River is an important resource for both South Carolina and Georgia which can be enhanced and shared economically through nature-based tourism while protecting its natural beauty and uniqueness - the very thing that makes it so special. By working together, stakeholders and the public can both benefit.
The Lower Savannah River Alliance works as community stewards in seven different counties in two states to promote responsible use of the river. We serve: Burke, Effingham & Screven Counties in Georgia and Allendale, Barnwell, Hampton & Jasper counties in South Carolina.