Join us in reducing poverty! Annually, the non-profit serves over 20,000 through its array of health, education, employment, and social justice programs and services. Established 1983, 95% of every dollar goes back into the community for programs.
1. Almost one out of 4 children in the Portland Metro area live in poverty, and nearly half of all families in the Metro area are low-income.
2. Statewide, Oregon has one of the lowest graduation rates in the nation. One out of three students do not graduate high school in Oregon during the 2015-2016 school year.
3. Without effective intervention, as many as 70% of children with incarcerated parents will become involved with the criminal justice system (United States Senate Report). Today there are at least 20,000 Oregon children who have a parent in prison.
Some NWFS IMPACTS - work to Reduce Poverty
1. During the 2015-2016 school year, 90% of all students served by Northwest Family Services graduated.
2. Dozens of children served by our Youth Solutions Program (children of incarcerated parents intensive mentoring program).