MAP THEATRE'S 2021 PROGRAMS:
- THREE SCREAMS February 2021. Exactly 10 years ago, this play, by Vincent Delaney, was our very first production. We're kicking off another decade by presenting it anew as a live theatre/video streaming hybrid, with fresh eyes and open hearts.
- ALL OVER THE MAP A new workshop series for new, locally made plays, brought to neighborhood gathering spaces.
- TOPSY-TURVY What if the creation of a play began not with words, but with sound? See what stories are summoned when the first magic-makers of a play's creation are the designers, and the playwright's magic comes last.
- 18TH & UNION: AN ARTS SPACE As a resident partner and co-curator of this charming venue in the Central District, we will focus on accessibility for artists to self-produce independent work.
MAP Theatre distills stories to their root humanity, striving to generate greater empathy in the world.VISION:
MAP relishes the creative journey from process to product, finding strength and satisfaction in a collaborative environment in which all team members are inspired equally to serve the story and nourish each other's growth.
MAP Theatre believes in
- Quality over quantity.
- Elevating the work of local artists.
- The power of shared experiences.
- Transparency with the artists we work with.
- Comedy with consequences: because life is hard but also hopeful.
- That our shows should be the start of a conversation, not the end.
- A Choose-Your-Own-Price ticketing model because anyone who wants to access live theatre should be able to.
- Building relationships with our current and potential audiences.
- A fundraising model that is relational rather than transactional.
MAP Theatre is fiscally sponsored by Shunpike.