Plant a tree, and save the world. Seems like a simple idea.
So much rhetoric around global climate change, its origin, its impact, and so on.
Archangel Ancient Tree has a simpler method to address issues of biodiversity and climate change. Simply, planting the right trees in the right places to make a real difference.
They locate the healthiest trees, propagate a cutting, plant, manage; and archive the genetics of ancient trees in living libraries around the world for the future.
Old Growth Fo
100 old-growth Coast Redwoods cloned over the last 10 years from some of the largest and oldest Coast Redwoods across their entire 500-mile California range are coming to the Pacific Northwest.
These 100 now-6-foot tall trees are the children of the largest Coast Redwoods. Some are from trees 30 feet in diameter; some are from stumps of trees downed over 100 years ago but with remaining live tissue; most are from trees over 1,000 years old.
These trees need to be transported from Michigan to the Pacific Northwest and they need to find a home where their genetic provenance can be protected.
• Act now with funding to cover costs to provide trees to Washington, Oregon, California, and more.
• And tell us of resources or connection to resources who might be long-term protectors of this genetic archive.
About Archangel Ancient Tree Archive
Archangel Ancient Tree Archive* needs your help to continue its groundbreaking work. A contribution of $50 helps to create and plant one Coast Redwood. A contribution of any size helps Archangel Ancient Tree Archive carry out its mission of producing and delivering these giant trees to improve the future of our planet.
The mission of Archangel Ancient Tree Archive is to:
• Propagate the world’s most important old-growth trees before they are gone.
• Archive the genetics of ancient trees in living libraries around the world for the future.
• Reforest the Earth with the offspring of these trees to provide the myriad of beneficial ecosystem services including sequestering carbon dioxide.
Give as a Gift Certificate
When you give $100 or more, you may choose to have a personalized Certificate of Planting suitable for printing sent to you or your recipient via email. Add your gift recipient details on the payment page.
* Archangel Ancient Tree Archive is a verified IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit. All contributions are tax-deductible.