Hi friends, I am a board member for After the Harvest. ATH rescues nutritious produce from going to waste and donates it to agencies serving hungry people, primarily in Greater KC. Our volunteers pick what’s left in farmers’ fields and gather leftover harvested produce. Most of the funds we raise secure semi-truckloads of donated produce that otherwise end up in landfills. I hope you can help us out and donate to Buck$ for Trucks. Thank you for helping me achieve my fundraising goal!
Join with After the Harvest as we work to fight hunger, improve nutrition and reduce food waste in our community.
During this season of giving, take a stand for our neighbors in need. Support After the Harvest on Giving Tuesday—Nov. 28—or anytime throughout the holiday season.
Can you provide Buck$ for Trucks?
• Please help us reach our goal of raising $15,000 for packaging, handling and sourcing for three truckloads or over 126,000 lbs. of donated fruits and vegetables that might otherwise end up in landfills.
• The fresh, nutritious rescued produce will go to area food banks to feed and nourish our hungry neighbors. Since May 2014, ATH has provided more than 10.8 million lbs. of produce through gleaning and raising funds to secure sem-truckloads of produce.
• After the Harvest is the largest produce donor to Harvesters--The Community Food Network.
Believe the numbers
• In Kansas and Missouri, there are 1,300,000 people—including 500,000 children—who don’t always know where their next meal is coming from.
• According to Feeding American, hunger and health are deeply connected. People who are food-insecure are disproportionally affected by diet-driven chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
• 52% of fresh produce never reaches a plate.
Take action to make a difference! After the Harvest is here to do something about hunger, poor nutrition and food waste, but we can’t do it alone.
• Vast amounts of produce not pretty enough to sell, but perfectly good to eat is hauled off to a landfill or left to rot in the field.
• Every $1 you give provides 33 servings and over 8 lbs. of fruits and vegetables.
• The Buck$ for Trucks goal—$15,000—will provide nearly a half million servings.
• 88% of all money raised goes straight to providing healthy produce to hungry people as we rally thousands of volunteers to glean fields and raise approx. $5,000 in packaging, handling and sourcing for each truckload we rescue.
Please donate, and then if you like, click on "become a fundraiser" on this page, set a goal and invite your friends to help too.
ATH is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving Kansas and Missouri, primarily Greater Kansas City. Harvesters—The Community Food Network serves 26 counties in KS and MO.