Our mission is...
To provide the highest quality education for all students, especially those who have struggled in a traditional high school setting, in order to ensure their economic independence.
Our core values are...
- Student centered decision making.
- A rigorous curriculum based on reading and thinking skills.
- Fulfilling every aspect of our mission with a sense of urgency.
Our philosophy is...
- Reading is the key to empowerment, personal fulfillment, success, and employment.
- Personal responsibility, character, values, and passion lead to good citizenship.
- Learning is best accomplished in a nurturing yet structured environment.
- In 1976, Grant East began Freedom Ministries, a 501 (C)(3) not-for-profit organization working with juvenile offenders.
- In 1985, Dallas Can Academy was established as a program of Freedom Ministries to serve juvenile offenders with remedial education.
- In 1986, Dallas Can Academy expanded their services to high school dropouts and non-adjudicated youth.
- In 1988, the organization's name was changed to Texans Can Academies when new schools opened in other Texas cities.
- In 1995, Texans Can became one of the first 20 charter schools in Texas and began expanding to other major cities in the state. To date, ten schools are serving students in Texas.
So far, more than 94,000 students have changed their lives and the lives of their families through Texans Can Academies. With your help, we can positively change even more young lives.
Over 30 years of providing the highest quality education for all students, Texans Can Academies are graduating thinkers. Texans Can Academies are a unique network of 13 charter schools located in Dallas, Fort Worth, Garland, Austin, Houston and San Antonio.
To date, more than 141,000 youth have been given a second chance at life with the opportunity to pursue their dreams.
Delia Jasso Texans Can Employees Scholarship Fund
Countdown to Class - Uniform Drive 2017
Cherri Dehart Memorial Scholarship Fund 2017
Texans Can Academies Fundraiser