Camp Invention® is coming to our community this summer!
We are excited to offer Camp Invention, the country's leading STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) program encouraging creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship and curiosity in children from kindergarten through sixth grade. This program also gives students in seventh through ninth grade the opportunity to participate as Leaders-in-Training (LITs) to develop early leadership skills. LITs receive formal training and are mentored by high school-aged Leadership Interns.
Recent research has found that participation in Camp Invention during the summer increases students' performance and engagement the following school year.1 In addition, after attending Camp Invention for just one week, participants experience significant short- and long-term improvements in creativity, STEM interest and problem-solving skills.2
Unfortunately, many parents in our community who want to provide this opportunity for their children cannot afford the registration fee.Your kind donation will provide scholarships for underserved children, so they too can participate in this extraordinary enrichment experience.
You can change this!
Thanks to your generosity, our students will experience a week filled with hands-on opportunities to explore, invent and learn from world-changing inventors.
As one of more than 1,800 schools and districts nationwide offering Camp Invention in 2020, your support provides an experience that will:
- Lead local children through the process of invention and teach them that failure is a necessary point on the path to success.
- Present children with real-world challenges that ignite creativity, inspire collaboration, build persistence and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Introduce a new, cutting-edge curriculum each year to ensure participants have an engaging and memorable experience.
- Expose children to world-changing inventors in a relatable and fun way by introducing them to National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF) Inductees as exciting, innovative role models.
- Instill the value of intellectual property and the roles that patents, trademarks and copyrights play in modern business.
- Allow middle school students to gain valuable leadership experience through the Leaders-in-Training program.
- Provide local educators with professional development opportunities.
Your gift will impact children in our community by providing them the Camp Invention experience, helping to ensure American ingenuity continues to thrive in the hands of our future innovators, entrepreneurs and community leaders.
For more information about Camp Invention, please visit visit invent.org/camp. 1. Summit Education Initiative, National Inventors Hall of Fame Camp Invention Summer 2018 (December 2018).
2. J. Falk, Camp Invention Evaluation Report. Institute for Learning Innovation (2018).